This authentic and outstanding shawarma recipe is for an on the go meal loved by people of every age. Thinly sliced meat, wrapped in pita bread with veggies and sauce makes for a delectable, snappy and quick meal.
This is one of the most delicious and simple recipes to make Arabic Shawarma.
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon curry powder
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips
· 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
· 2 tablespoons tahini( sesame seed)
· 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· Cooking spray
· 4 (6-inch) pitas
· 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
· 8 tomato slices
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
3. To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
4. Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.
6. Serve hot !