AGL 6.74 Decreased By ▼ -0.09 (-1.32%)
ANL 9.32 Decreased By ▼ -0.05 (-0.53%)
AVN 80.45 Increased By ▲ 2.70 (3.47%)
BOP 5.41 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.18%)
CNERGY 4.96 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
EFERT 79.91 Increased By ▲ 2.01 (2.58%)
EPCL 56.33 Increased By ▲ 0.57 (1.02%)
FCCL 15.87 Increased By ▲ 0.57 (3.73%)
FFL 6.35 Decreased By ▼ -0.02 (-0.31%)
FLYNG 8.30 Increased By ▲ 0.11 (1.34%)
GGGL 10.08 Decreased By ▼ -0.24 (-2.33%)
GGL 16.26 Decreased By ▼ -0.39 (-2.34%)
GTECH 8.48 Decreased By ▼ -0.71 (-7.73%)
HUMNL 6.39 Increased By ▲ 0.03 (0.47%)
KEL 2.98 Increased By ▲ 0.04 (1.36%)
LOTCHEM 28.89 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.03%)
MLCF 28.65 Increased By ▲ 0.85 (3.06%)
OGDC 74.50 Decreased By ▼ -0.10 (-0.13%)
PAEL 16.13 Increased By ▲ 0.12 (0.75%)
PIBTL 5.65 Increased By ▲ 0.11 (1.99%)
PRL 16.98 Increased By ▲ 0.06 (0.35%)
SILK 1.19 Increased By ▲ 0.08 (7.21%)
TELE 11.45 Increased By ▲ 0.48 (4.38%)
TPL 8.00 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.12%)
TPLP 21.35 Increased By ▲ 0.40 (1.91%)
TREET 23.10 Decreased By ▼ -0.15 (-0.65%)
TRG 143.91 Increased By ▲ 9.31 (6.92%)
UNITY 23.01 Decreased By ▼ -0.48 (-2.04%)
WAVES 11.60 Increased By ▲ 0.10 (0.87%)
WTL 1.57 Decreased By ▼ -0.10 (-5.99%)
BR100 4,180 Increased By 29.7 (0.72%)
BR30 16,201 Increased By 371.6 (2.35%)
KSE100 41,611 Increased By 261 (0.63%)
KSE30 15,604 Increased By 126.9 (0.82%)
Markets

ADNOC to sell minimum 7.5% stake in ADNOC Drilling IPO

  • ADNOC owns 95% of the Middle East's biggest drilling company. The remaining 5% is owned by Baker Hughes, whose 2018 purchase of its stake valued ADNOC Drilling at $11 billion
Published September 6, 2021
Follow us

DUBAI: ADNOC Drilling on Monday announced its intention to list on the Abu Dhabi bourse, which would see its parent company Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (ADNOC) sell a minimum 7.5% stake in an initial public offering (IPO).

"Offering size will be 7.5% of ADNOC Drilling's issued share capital, with ADNOC retaining the right to increase the size of the Offering at any time before pricing," it said in a statement.

This is the second public flotation of a company owned by the Abu Dhabi oil company after it listed in 2017 ADNOC Distribution, the largest operator of petrol stations and convenience stores in the United Arab Emirates.

ADNOC owns 95% of the Middle East's biggest drilling company. The remaining 5% is owned by Baker Hughes, whose 2018 purchase of its stake valued ADNOC Drilling at $11 billion.

ADNOC Drilling is the largest national drilling company in the Middle East by rig fleet size. It has 107 rigs as of June 30, 96 of which are owned and 11 rented, the statement said.

The offering and listing of shares on the bourse is currently expected in October.

Offering and price range are expected on Sept. 13, and the final offer price will be set on Sept. 27, the statement said.

ADNOC, which supplies nearly 3% of global oil demand, has also sold stakes in its pipeline infrastructure and refining businesses to global companies and investors under a transformation strategy unveiled more than four years ago.

It plans later this year to float Fertiglobe, a fertiliser joint venture with Dutch-listed chemical producer OCI.

Comments

Comments are closed.