AGL 5.67 Increased By ▲ 0.07 (1.25%)
ANL 8.75 Decreased By ▼ -0.15 (-1.69%)
AVN 76.22 Decreased By ▼ -0.76 (-0.99%)
BOP 5.24 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.19%)
CNERGY 4.60 Decreased By ▼ -0.05 (-1.08%)
EFERT 81.17 Decreased By ▼ -0.05 (-0.06%)
EPCL 50.02 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.02%)
FCCL 12.66 Decreased By ▼ -0.50 (-3.8%)
FFL 5.59 Decreased By ▼ -0.11 (-1.93%)
FLYNG 7.02 Decreased By ▼ -0.08 (-1.13%)
FNEL 4.76 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
GGGL 8.75 Decreased By ▼ -0.05 (-0.57%)
GGL 14.46 Decreased By ▼ -0.14 (-0.96%)
HUMNL 5.63 Decreased By ▼ -0.04 (-0.71%)
KEL 2.57 Decreased By ▼ -0.06 (-2.28%)
LOTCHEM 28.06 Decreased By ▼ -0.59 (-2.06%)
MLCF 23.99 Decreased By ▼ -0.70 (-2.84%)
OGDC 71.75 Decreased By ▼ -0.76 (-1.05%)
PAEL 15.05 Decreased By ▼ -0.32 (-2.08%)
PIBTL 4.94 Decreased By ▼ -0.04 (-0.8%)
PRL 15.90 Decreased By ▼ -0.30 (-1.85%)
SILK 1.07 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
TELE 9.08 Decreased By ▼ -0.12 (-1.3%)
TPL 7.08 Decreased By ▼ -0.17 (-2.34%)
TPLP 18.39 Decreased By ▼ -0.31 (-1.66%)
TREET 21.35 Decreased By ▼ -0.35 (-1.61%)
TRG 134.01 Decreased By ▼ -2.54 (-1.86%)
UNITY 16.95 Decreased By ▼ -0.07 (-0.41%)
WAVES 9.67 Decreased By ▼ -0.22 (-2.22%)
WTL 1.38 Decreased By ▼ -0.03 (-2.13%)
BR100 4,187 Decreased By -38.5 (-0.91%)
BR30 15,336 Decreased By -181.5 (-1.17%)
KSE100 41,944 Decreased By -206.4 (-0.49%)
KSE30 15,484 Decreased By -103.9 (-0.67%)
Follow us

LAHORE: Southern parts of the country may witness another monsoon spell ahead which would bring more rains, though not of high intensity, said the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD).

According to the sources, monsoon system would enter the country by the middle of September and is likely to bring normal to medium level rains in Southern parts, including south and central Punjab. They have apprehended above normal rains in Sindh and Balochistan in case a strong monsoon system got developed by then. However still, they added, the intensity of rains would not be as severe as both the provinces have witnessed back in July and August.

They said 80 percent of the monsoon rains have already occurred, particularly in Sindh and Balochistan and remaining 20 percent rains are likely to continue until the end of September or early October.

Meanwhile, some other sources from the PMD have termed heavy rains in the catchments areas of River Kabul and Swat as ‘mysterious’ one. They said most of the rain took place in the areas where no weather stations were ever installed because of the fact that those catchments areas rarely receive heavy rains like the present one. Therefore, they said, the PMD officials are terming them as mysterious rains, which had wreaked havoc in and around both the rivers and inundating localities around them.

According to the sources, the international donor agencies as well as World Bank are serious in installing some 300 auto weather stations at tehsil level throughout the country to gauge the real quantity of rain, floods and other climate changes for a strong planning to deal with them.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2022

Comments

Comments are closed.

Southern parts of country may witness another monsoon spell: PMD

Intra-day update: rupee registers improvement against US dollar

FBR set to fix minimum value for sugar supply

JPL seeks exemption from IFRS-9

Govt urges Turkiye to expedite TGA

Oil prices climb after OPEC+ keeps output cut targets, China eases COVID curbs

Engro Corp to pursue potential investment opportunity in tower infrastructure sector

Pakistani embassy in Kabul: IS-KP claims responsibility for attack

Sindh will rise again against ‘the tyrant’: IK

PM terms IK’s remarks ‘undemocratic’

‘We must act resolutely to defeat the menace’: FO