The government is fully committed to control and improve the law and order situation in the province, Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad said on Friday. He was talking to a group of visitors from the Command and Staff College, Quetta, at the Governor House.
Highlighting the coalition partners' resolve to act against all criminals without any discrimination, he said that no one would be allowed to mar the law and order situation.
Pointing out the city's status as the country's economic hub, he said that improved law and order situation would translate into better employment opportunities for people from across the country. The Sindh metropolis, he said, had previously been expanding without any master plan, adding that a master plan had been devised in 2003 and implementation on it began in 2005.
Encroachments, he said, were one of the major problems of the metropolis, adding that encroachers and other such elements tried to give various colours whenever there an anti-encroachment drive. According to him, action would also be taken against elements involved in gun-running and other criminal activities. Dr Ishrat said that check posts would be set up to check the inflow of illegal weapons into the city.
The Governor said that after the construction of bridges, under-passes and widening of roads, traffic problems had been resolved to some extent. He said that the completion of major projects had added to the city's beauty. Later, prayers were offered for the safe recovery of those who were trapped under avalanche in the Siachen area.


















Comments
Comments are closed for this article.