The Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JSQM) on Thursday rejected Bashir Khan Qureshi's post-mortem report compiled by a health department committee and announced to hold a peaceful strike across the province on April 21, (tomorrow).
Criticising the Sindh government for its "non-seriousness", JSQM's Senior Vice-Chairman Dr Niaz Kalani said that although neither the deceased's family nor the party had been provided a copy of the report, he cited media reports that it suggested that Qureshi was a heart patient and had suffered a heart attack.
He was addressing a press conference at the Karachi Press Club on Thursday and was accompanied by Maqsood Qureshi, (brother of Bashir Khan Qureshi), JSQM's Vice-Chairman Akash Mallah and Secretary-General Asif Baladi. Dr Kalani insisted that Bashir Khan was physically fit and "his blood pressure was also normal".
Meanwhile, the government offered that it would bear all expenses if Bashir Qureshi's family decided to conduct forensic tests anywhere in the world. He claimed that the health department's committee report contained a passage which said that they did not have equipment for testing the level of phosphate which they had detected in Bashir's body.
Terming the findings of the report doubtful, he said that the party and his family rejected the report. When asked whether Qureshi's hosts would be included in the inquiry, he said that they were "friends and party workers, we cant distrust them". He said that the party was discussing the matter with a panel of legal experts and a decision would soon be taken in this regard.
Bashir Qureshi's death, he said, had been planned by anti-Sindh elements after the party had held 'Freedom Rally' on March 23. Earlier, Dr Umer Memon, the head of the health department's committee, said that high levels of phosphorous had been detected during the analysis of Bashir Qureshi's specimen. He said that phosphorus was also used in life-saving drugs, but an excess of phosphorus might also pose serious threat to life.
He said that according to our report, Mr Qureshi had suffered a heart attack before his death. He said that Bashir Qureshi's heirs "may consult some international laboratory for their satisfaction".
The medical report regarding Bashir Qureshi's death would be submitted before the Sindh government on Friday, he added. Niaz Kalani, meanwhile, said that Bashir Khan Qureshi's family would file an application for getting post-mortem specimen tested abroad to the Sindh home minister on April 20 (today).
JSQM's Senior Vice-Chairman Dr Kalani said that Home Minister Manzoor Wasan had called "us a few days ago and offered to help get the specimen tested abroad". The party's secretary-general said that when the PPP "cannot trust state-run institutions, how can JSQM, which is an anti-system party?" He said that on April 20, the wife and brother of Bashir Khan Qureshi along with party leaders would meet Manzoor Wasan and submit an application in this regard.
Comments
Comments are closed for this article.