AIRLINK 69.92 Increased By ▲ 4.72 (7.24%)
BOP 5.46 Decreased By ▼ -0.11 (-1.97%)
CNERGY 4.50 Decreased By ▼ -0.06 (-1.32%)
DFML 25.71 Increased By ▲ 1.19 (4.85%)
DGKC 69.85 Decreased By ▼ -0.11 (-0.16%)
FCCL 20.02 Decreased By ▼ -0.28 (-1.38%)
FFBL 30.69 Increased By ▲ 1.58 (5.43%)
FFL 9.75 Decreased By ▼ -0.08 (-0.81%)
GGL 10.12 Increased By ▲ 0.11 (1.1%)
HBL 114.90 Increased By ▲ 0.65 (0.57%)
HUBC 132.10 Increased By ▲ 3.00 (2.32%)
HUMNL 6.73 Increased By ▲ 0.02 (0.3%)
KEL 4.44 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
KOSM 4.93 Increased By ▲ 0.04 (0.82%)
MLCF 36.45 Decreased By ▼ -0.55 (-1.49%)
OGDC 133.90 Increased By ▲ 1.60 (1.21%)
PAEL 22.50 Decreased By ▼ -0.04 (-0.18%)
PIAA 25.39 Decreased By ▼ -0.50 (-1.93%)
PIBTL 6.61 Increased By ▲ 0.01 (0.15%)
PPL 113.20 Increased By ▲ 0.35 (0.31%)
PRL 30.12 Increased By ▲ 0.71 (2.41%)
PTC 14.70 Decreased By ▼ -0.54 (-3.54%)
SEARL 57.55 Increased By ▲ 0.52 (0.91%)
SNGP 66.60 Increased By ▲ 0.15 (0.23%)
SSGC 10.99 Increased By ▲ 0.01 (0.09%)
TELE 8.77 Decreased By ▼ -0.03 (-0.34%)
TPLP 11.51 Decreased By ▼ -0.19 (-1.62%)
TRG 68.61 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.01%)
UNITY 23.47 Increased By ▲ 0.07 (0.3%)
WTL 1.34 Decreased By ▼ -0.04 (-2.9%)
BR100 7,394 Increased By 99.2 (1.36%)
BR30 24,121 Increased By 266.7 (1.12%)
KSE100 70,910 Increased By 619.8 (0.88%)
KSE30 23,377 Increased By 205.6 (0.89%)

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has directed cement manufacturers to start implementation of the Track and Trace System (T&TS) from August 18, 2023.

It is learnt that no cement bag will be permitted to leave a production site, factory, or manufacturing plant without the application of tax stamps/unique identification markings with effect from August 18, 2023.

With assistance from its Licensee Authentix Inc, US, and consortium partners, AJCL Private Limited and MITAS Corporation of South Africa, the FBR had been striving to implement the T&T solution in the cement sector by July 1, 2022.

Cement manufacturers: Implementation of track-and-trace system delayed

According to sources, numerous successful demonstrations were conducted in multiple factories to demonstrate the performance of the Track and Trace system. However, there were delays on the part of the cement makers.

Almost 70 percent of the operational cement plants are located in the North Region, while the remaining 30 per cent capacity is located in the South Region.

According to the All Pakistan Cement Manufacturers Association, the cement sector’s production capacity has surged to approximately 83.1 million tonnes.

Currently, there is 20 percent customs duty, six per cent additional customs duty, Rs2kg FED and 18 percent sales tax on finished cement products besides, 11 per cent income tax has also been imposed on the cement sector.

In a recent report, a local NGO highlighted that the FBR’s Track and Trace system is yielding positive results. The digital solution has effectively limited illicit trade in the tobacco sector to under 15 percent.

The Track and Trace System’s capability for real-time production monitoring offers a transformative shift from conventional retrospective auditing approaches.

The real-time production monitoring will enable the tax authorities to have access to current and comprehensive data which will facilitate proactive decision-making and ensures more accurate tax assessments. This centralized repository will provide tax authorities with unprecedented visibility into the sector’s production landscape.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2023

Comments

Comments are closed.

Murtaza Aug 20, 2023 01:43pm
TTS implemented in Sugar as well as Fertilizer Sector is not successful, lots of problem yet to resolve. There is total uncertainty in the system starting from equipment selection to its routine maintenance. The licensee couldn't prove guaranted values. This system is additional burden on customers.
thumb_up Recommended (0)