AGL 6.80 Increased By ▲ 0.08 (1.19%)
ANL 9.22 Decreased By ▼ -0.53 (-5.44%)
AVN 74.20 Decreased By ▼ -1.30 (-1.72%)
BOP 5.43 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.18%)
CNERGY 4.89 Decreased By ▼ -0.06 (-1.21%)
EFERT 78.00 Decreased By ▼ -0.05 (-0.06%)
EPCL 54.70 Decreased By ▼ -0.70 (-1.26%)
FCCL 14.93 Decreased By ▼ -0.37 (-2.42%)
FFL 6.34 Decreased By ▼ -0.14 (-2.16%)
FLYNG 7.12 Decreased By ▼ -0.03 (-0.42%)
GGGL 10.56 Increased By ▲ 0.01 (0.09%)
GGL 16.43 Decreased By ▼ -0.12 (-0.73%)
GTECH 8.21 Decreased By ▼ -0.21 (-2.49%)
HUMNL 6.35 Decreased By ▼ -0.06 (-0.94%)
KEL 2.95 Decreased By ▼ -0.04 (-1.34%)
LOTCHEM 28.60 Decreased By ▼ -0.25 (-0.87%)
MLCF 27.80 Decreased By ▼ -0.50 (-1.77%)
OGDC 75.30 Decreased By ▼ -0.20 (-0.26%)
PAEL 15.80 Increased By ▲ 0.26 (1.67%)
PIBTL 5.60 Increased By ▲ 0.24 (4.48%)
PRL 17.22 Decreased By ▼ -0.10 (-0.58%)
SILK 1.06 Increased By ▲ 0.01 (0.95%)
TELE 10.30 Decreased By ▼ -0.20 (-1.9%)
TPL 8.00 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
TPLP 20.80 No Change ▼ 0.00 (0%)
TREET 22.60 Decreased By ▼ -0.40 (-1.74%)
TRG 128.85 Increased By ▲ 6.15 (5.01%)
UNITY 22.50 Decreased By ▼ -0.08 (-0.35%)
WAVES 12.00 Increased By ▲ 0.70 (6.19%)
WTL 1.13 Decreased By ▼ -0.01 (-0.88%)
BR100 4,100 Decreased By -4 (-0.1%)
BR30 15,533 Increased By 64.6 (0.42%)
KSE100 41,129 Increased By 114.8 (0.28%)
KSE30 15,337 Increased By 24.6 (0.16%)
Follow us

KARACHI: Industrial production in Sindh increased by 33 percent in January this fiscal as compared with the same month of previous year, suggest the latest figures on industrial production in the province.

Overall production in January declined by almost one percent as compared with the preceding month of December of this financial year.

However, cumulative production in first seven months of financial year went up by 11.2 percent as compared to corresponding period of last financial year.

The figures on industrial production and employment compiled by the Sindh Bureau of Statistics show that employment in the month of January 2021 slightly increased 0.9% as compared to previous month (i.e. December, 2020).

Employment during January 2021 decreased around 4% in comparison with January 2020. Average monthly employment during the period of July-January (2020-21) is 7.45% lower than the corresponding period of July-January (2019-20).

Sindh Bureau of Statistics has been conducting monthly survey of industrial production and employment (MIPE). This survey report includes 61 items manufactured in 22 large-scale industrial sectors from 537 establishments/factories in Sindh.

The role of Sindh province in large-scale manufacturing is very vital. As Karachi is the largest metropolitan city of Pakistan, according to Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) it produces 15% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

Sindh Business Register (SBR) 2017 established by Sindh Bureau of Statistics, Planning & Development Department shows that 67% of establishments/factories are located in Karachi Division and remaining 33% are located in other districts of Sindh.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2021

Comments

Comments are closed.