ISLAMABAD: Ministry of Religious Affairs would start receiving Hajj applications from third week of April on first come first serve basis, said a press release here Friday.

The ministry has already submitted Hajj policy-2012 to Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani for approval and its implementation process is expected to start from third week of this month.

The experience of first come first serve basis remained successful last year and the new proposed policy has also been formed keeping in view the previous experiences.

It said only machine readable passport would be acceptable under the new policy.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2012