Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) Chief Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman on Thursday blasted the government for its policies, which were being dictated by foreign powers. He particularly grilled it over the on-going war on terror saying that Pak army should declare Jehad in case US forces start ground incursion in North Waziristan.
The JUI-F chief expressing anger said that the government flouted the agreement for which he had joined the ruling coalition and also declared his party's members' seats on treasury benches as opposition benches unless seats were allocated formally on the opposition benches on the application of his party at National Assembly.
He questioned the killing of innocent people at the hands of Pakistan army and also sought an independent commission by the Supreme Court to ascertain the number of casualties of innocent people that have been killed so far in the military operations in different areas of the country. He said that they were crying for one mosque in India-Babri Masjid demolished by Hindu fanatics but there are a number of mosques that had been destroyed by their own army during military operations.
Fazal said that he was ready to be punished if anyone come up with the information regarding a single mosque from where our security forces have been attacked except Lal Masjid in Islamabad, but the army destroyed even mosques and homes irrespective of civilian casualties adding that innocent women and children had been killed whose dead bodies were collected in pieces before their burial.
He said that he talked to President Zardari about the human rights violation by our own army but the response of the President was that he could not rebound the army of directives that had already been issued to them. He referred to the July 2008 unanimous resolution passed by the joint sitting of the parliament saying that the resolution recommended that home made solution for resolving the issue of terrorism, the use of force was not the solution to the issue but recommended holding of dialogue, but it was violated badly and the rulers were continuously taking foreign dictation.
He said that demanding implementation of Shariah through violent means is a crime, but added that the country's Constitution, which calls for Shariah to be implemented in the country, was being violated through democracy, which was also a crime.
The JUI-F chief assured the House that he was not danger for democracy in the country but described the rulers as 'danger' for Shariah and "Tahafoz-e-Namoos-e-Resalat". He added that he would be the first to oppose with full force any dictatorial move in the country but made it clear that he might continue to be friend but he could not be a 'peanut' for the prime minister.
Fazal termed the removal of his party's minister Azam Swati without consulting him as coup adding that if it was necessary to take him on board before appointing any minister then it was also vital to consult him prior to his removal. He mentioned that the reason of quitting the ruling alliance existed prior to the formal announcement adding that his party was strongly opposed to the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) and Reformed General Sales Tax.
Referring to a news report published in New York Times regarding US plan to carryout ground incursions in North Waziristan, the JUI-F chief announced that his party would not let any foreign troop on the country's soil. He also urged Pak army to declare Jehad in case US ground offensives in the tribal area.
He said that they wanted good ties with the US but the relation must not be like of a master with their slaves. He also lashed out at the government for its Kashmir policy saying that owing to the US war in Afghanistan, the country's original stance on Kashmir dispute went in the background. While referring to the Iranian President Mehmood Ahmedinejad telephonic call to President Asif Zardari, Fazal said that it was clear violation of the diplomatic norms to directly contact our head of the state and seek handing over of the terrorists.