Just in:  

You are here: Home»BR Research»All

BR Research: All


Context matters. By now we know that the Chinese promise of $46 billion worth of investments is too big given the FDI trends in Pakistan. But just how big is the number from the context of China? This column will take a look at that after contextualising the number from Pakistans perspective to refresh collective memories.
Its the Islamic era! Be it Islamic banks, Islamic bonds or Islamic mutual funds, Shariah compliant investment avenues are becoming the investors most favoured investment options globally. In line with the growing inclination towards Shariah compliant investment avenues, the countrys fund managers are continuously seen introducing Islamic mutual funds to cater to the investors needs.
June is almost here and budget is in the air, as almost all industries make recommendations and requests for their fair share. One such industry was in the news earlier this week - Pakistans oft-ignored jute industry.
In a country like Pakistan, it is a general understanding that basic healthcare provision is the responsibility of the public sector. In the province of Punjab, however, 70 percent of the share of health care services is offered by the private sector, and the remaining 30 percent gap is filled by the public sector.
There is some stability attained on the macroeconomic front in the last year or so. The SBP liquid reserves touched its low at $2.8 billion in Feb 2014, and the foreign flows pouring in since then has taken the reserves at $12.5 billion now - covering 3.6 months of imports.
Economic growth for the fiscal year ending June 2015 is estimated to be 4.24 percent by the National Accounts Committee (NAC). Thats marginally up from both provisional FY14 growth number of 4.1 percent and revised FY14 number of 4.03 percent. But it is substantially lower compared to this years target of 5.1 percent.
Pretty soon, Pakistan could well have a GIDC court. Such is the level of litigation the controversial Gas Infrastructure Development Cess (GIDC) has faced ever since it was first levied in 2011. The National Assembly passed the bill and the upper house is expected to have done the same by the time you are reading this.
  • «
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1 
  •  2 
  •  3 
  •  4 
  •  5 
  •  6 
  •  7 
  •  8 
  •  9 
  •  10 
  •  Next 
  •  End 
  • »


Index Closing Chg%
Arrow DJIA 18,232.02 0.29
Arrow Nasdaq 5,089.36 0.03
Arrow S&P 2,126.06 0.22
Arrow FTSE 7,031.72 0.05
Arrow DAX 11,815.01 0.42
Arrow CAC-40 5,142.89 0.07
Arrow Nikkei 20,264.41 0.30
Arrow H.Seng 27,992.83 1.70
Arrow Sensex 27,957.50 0.53

New 2015 adidas and Nike Soccer Cleats at Kicks Corner uk

Banking Review 2014

Foreign Debt $61.805bn
Per Cap Income $1,386
GDP Growth 4.14%
Average CPI 8.6%
Trade Balance $-1.586 bln
Exports $1.932 bln
Imports $3.518 bln
WeeklyMay 21, 2015
Reserves $17.75 bln