All
 

 

Just in:  

You are here: Home»Markets»Commodities»Americas

Americas

Archive

Cuban sugar harvest in final stretch, 7pc behind schedule HAVANA: This year's Cuban sugar harvest is 7 percent behind its target of 1.8 million tonnes but officials still see a chance of making that goal before the harvest ends in May, state-run media reported. The harvest runs from December into May, with production peaking in February and March."Azcuba has produced 93 percent of the amount of sugar planned," the state-run Prensa Latina News Agency reported on Sunday, citing Dionys Perez, the company's information and analysis director. Azcuba, the state-run holding company that replaced the Sugar Ministry five years ago, said when the harvest began it would produce 12.5 percent more sugar than last season's 1.6 million tonnes. Sugar-producing provinces Ciego de Avila and Villa Clara, in the center of the country, passed the 100,000 tonne mark in February, well ahead of last year's pace, while other provinces such a Camaguey and eastern Granma and Holguin are tens of thousands ...

Brazil's Agroconsult raises soy crop forecast to 94.7mn tonnes SAO PAULO: Brazil's current soybean crop is forecast at 94.7 million tonnes, up 828,000 tonnes from a January estimate as bumper harvests in the south made up for isolated drought losses in the center-west, Agroconsult analysts said Thursday.Agroconsult also forecast a first corn crop of 29 million tonnes this season and a second crop of 50 million tonnes.Copyright Reuters, 2015 ...
CBOT wheat ends higher in rebound from four-month low CHICAGO: Chicago Board of Trade wheat futures closed higher Thursday on bargain buying after the spot contract fell to its lowest since October, traders said.Export data lent support. USDA reported weekly export sales of US wheat at 328,300 tonnes for 2014/15 and 130,700 for 2015/16, topping trade expectations for combined-year sales of 200,000 to 400,000 tonnes.Weekly sales of soft red winter wheat, the type traded in Chicago, totalled 110,251 tonnes for 2014/15, the second-most since ...
CBOT soybeans rise on Brazil strike concerns CHICAGO: Chicago Board of Trade soybean futures rallied 1.6 percent on Thursday on renewed concerns that a strike by truckers in Brazil could delay shipments of supplies from a record harvest there, traders said.CBOT March soybeans closed just 1/2 a cent below its session highs. Prices hit technical resistance at the high end of the 20-day Bollinger range and failed to take out Tuesday's high of $10.29.Soymeal futures also rose, closing at session highs as ...
Gold pares gains after firm US data, but remains higher NEW YORK/LONDON: Gold pared gains on Thursday after stronger-than-expected US data lifted the dollar and impetus from Chinese buying petered out, but it remained higher after the Federal Reserve indicated this week that it was in no rush to raise interest rates.The dollar rose against a currency basket as data on U.S. durable goods orders in January beat forecasts, boosting confidence in business activity despite worries of the recent surge in the dollar hurting exports.That ...
ICE cotton slips from fresh Sept. highs on profit-taking NEW YORK: ICE cotton settled lower on Thursday after late-session profit-taking knocked prices off their highest levels in five months, offsetting healthy export sales data that fueled optimism about foreign demand and dwindling supplies.The most-active May cotton contract on ICE Futures U.S. eased 0.34 cent, or 0.5 percent, to settle at 65.21 cents a lb, after rising to as high as 66.24 cents, the loftiest since Sept. 15, about an hour before the close.Prices rose ...
US soy climbs on Brazilian truck strike; corn, wheat trail CHICAGO: Chicago soybean futures rose on Thursday on uncertainty over the Brazilian trucker strike, which threatens to stall movement of the new harvest of the grain onto the world market, traders and analysts said.Chicago corn and wheat also ended higher, tracking the strength in soybeans.Chicago Board of Trade March soybeans ended 16-1/4 cents, or 1.6 percent, higher at $10.24 a bushel."Until the Brazilian trucker strike is resolved, all you are going to do is give ...

 



 
Index Closing Chg%
Arrow DJIA 18,132.70 0.45
Arrow Nasdaq 4,963.53 0.49
Arrow S&P 2,104.50 0.30
Arrow FTSE 6,946.66 0.04
Arrow DAX 11,401.66 0.66
Arrow CAC-40 4,951.48 0.83
Arrow Nikkei 18,797.94 0.06
Arrow H.Seng 24,823.29 0.32
Arrow Sensex 29,220.12 1.65







ICT 2014


Annual2013/14
Foreign Debt $61.805bn
Per Cap Income $1,386
GDP Growth 4.14%
Average CPI 8.6%
MonthlyDecember
Trade Balance $-1.703 bln
Exports $2.156 bln
Imports $3.859 bln
WeeklyFebruary 26, 2015
Reserves $15.944 bln