Pakistan on Saturday summoned senior Indian diplomat and lodged a strong protest over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in Hajipir and Sankh sectors on 1st May, resulting in serious injuries to an innocent civilian, the Foreign Office said.
Due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces, according to Foreign Office spokesperson Aisha Farooqui, a 30 years old innocent woman, Nasreen Akhtar, wife of Rafique, resident of village Khwaja Bandi, sustained serious injuries.
She said the Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) had continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons. In 2020, India has so far committed 940 ceasefire violations, she added.
Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian forces, she said it was underscored that such senseless acts were in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, and were also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.
"These egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security," she said.
She further said it was conveyed to the India side that by raising tensions along the LoC and the WB, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K).
She said the Indian side was called upon to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other such incidents of deliberate ceasefire violations, and maintain peace along the LoC and the WB.
The Indian side was also urged to allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions, she added.