Pakistan summoned top Indian diplomat on Monday and lodged with him a strong protest over the ceasefire violations, resulting in martyrdom of a child and injuries to four other civilians.
"Indian Charge d'Affaires Gaurav Ahluwalia was summoned by Director General, South Asia and SAARC, Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri, Monday, to register Pakistan's strong protest over the ceasefire violations by Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in Dhudnial, Rakhchikri, Chirikot and Baroh Sectors on April 12, 2020," the Foreign Office spokesperson, Aisha Farooqui, said.
She said that the unprovoked Indian ceasefire violations resulted in martyrdom of a child and serious injuries to four innocent civilians.
Due to the indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian forces, she said that a two years old child, Mohammad Haseeb son of Mohammad Yousaf, embraced martyrdom in Dhudnial Sector.
In Rakhchikri Sector, she said two innocent civilians, 26 years old, Waqar Shah and 72 years old, Mohammad Sharif suffered critical injuries. In Chirikot Sector, 17 years old, Tipu, and in Baroh Sector, 25 years old, Zareena, sustained serious injuries, Farooqui added.
The Indian occupation forces along LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars and automatic weapons, she said, adding that this year, India has so far committed 749 ceasefire violations.
Condemning the targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, she said that DG (South Asia and SAARC) underscored that such senseless Indian acts, in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding and complete disregard for international human rights and international norms, further vitiate the tense atmosphere along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.