Youngsters busy in playing cricket match in front of deteriorated historic Derawar Fort that needs the attention of concerned authorities. Derawar Fort a large square fortress in Pakistan near Bahawalpur. The forty bastions of Derawar visible for many miles in Cholistan Desert. The walls have a circumference of 1500 meters and stand up to thirty meters high. The first fort on the site was built by Deoraj, a prince of Jaisalmer. It remained in the hands of the royal family of Jaisalmer until captured and completely rebuilt by the Nawabs of Bahawalpur in 1733. In 1747, the fort slipped from the hands of the Abbasis owing to Bahawal Khan's preoccupations at Shikarpur. Nawab Mubarak Khan took the stronghold back in 1804.