KSE100 34350.42  ▲ Increased By 231.03 (0.68%)
KSE30 15000.89  ▲ Increased By 85.48 (0.57%)
BR100 3516.22  ▲ Increased By 11.22 (0.32%)
BR30 18244.64  ▲ Increased By 13.27 (0.07%)

Business Recorder Logo

Jun 06, 2020 PRINT EDITION
Business

Two dies due to suffocation after as gas leakage

MANSEHRA: At least two persons including a female teacher and female student died from suffocation due to gas leakage in

December 18, 2018

MANSEHRA: At least two persons including a female teacher and female student died from suffocation due to gas leakage in two different incidents here on Tuesday.

According to the police sources, a teacher Nighat Bibi of girls primary school, Ghazi Dilbran was keeping herself warm with gas heater in her house and went to bed without turning off the gas heater during gas loadshedding in night.

As supply resumed late night, gas accumulated in the room and suffocated her to death.

In another incident a female student Manal of the Post Graduate College Manshera department of Zoology, a native of Oghi resided near Madni Masjid Manshera also suffocated to death when she left gas heater on during gas loadshedding.

The room was filled with gas and the girl suffocated to death. The funeral prayers of both were offered at their native towns.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2018