All
 

 

Just in:  

You are here: Home»Markets»FXMM»Americas

Americas

Archive

C$ gains on GDP data, central bank rate decision in focus TORONTO: The Canadian dollar strengthened against its US counterpart on Tuesday after data showed the economy grew at a faster pace than forecast during the fourth quarter, reinforcing expectations that the Bank of Canada will likely keep interest rates on hold.The central bank is due to announce its March rate decision Wednesday morning and markets are pricing in about a 27 percent chance of another 25 basis point cut.This is higher than the 20 percent chance markets were expecting earlier in the session, but still a far cry from the 80 percent last week, before Governor Stephen Poloz dispelled those expectations."It was a pretty good day ... bit (the Canadian dollar) hasn't been able to break out of the chop-fest we had in February. The market is clearly waiting for the Bank of Canada here," said Amo Sahota, director at Klarity FX in San Francisco."I think there's a little bit ...

Dollar eases after touching 11-year peak NEW YORK: The dollar softened on Tuesday after touching an 11-year high against an index of other major currencies as dealers awaited details of Europe's massive bond-buying program and a key U.S. jobs report.Trading was choppy. The dollar surrendered early gains against the euro on widening interest-rate differences and was last flat against Europe's shared currency and down against the Japanese yen.The U.S. dollar index was off 0.17 percent at 95.305 after rising to a ...
Dollar eases after touching 11-year peak NEW YORK: The dollar softened on Tuesday after touching an 11-year high against an index of other major currencies as dealers awaited details of Europe's massive bond-buying program and a key US jobs report. Trading was choppy. The dollar surrendered early gains against the euro on widening interest-rate differences and was last flat against Europe's shared currency and down against the Japanese yen. The US dollar index was off 0.17 percent at 95.305 after rising ...
C$ gains after higher-than-expected GDP growth TORONTO: The Canadian dollar strengthened sharply against its US counterpart on Tuesday after data showed the economy grew at a faster pace than forecast during the fourth quarter, reinforcing expectations that the Bank of Canada will likely keep interest rates on hold.Consumer spending and a build up in inventories offset a decline in exports, putting the annualized rate for gross domestic product at 2.4 percent, higher than the 2 percent economists had expected. Still, the ...
C$ softens against rallying US$; focus turns to Bank of Canada  TORONTO: The Canadian dollar weakened on Monday against a stronger greenback, which touched 11-year highs against an index of major currencies on expectations the Federal Reserve will hike interest rates this year in contrast to moves by other major economies.Investor attention was also turning to the Bank of Canada's latest interest rate decision on Wednesday. The bank cut its benchmark rate by 25 basis points in January to 0.75 percent."Everyone's waiting for Bank of Canada ...
C$ drops on oil, jump in current account deficit TORONTO: The Canadian dollar dropped against its US counterpart on Monday, pushed down by lower oil prices and data that showed the country's current account deficit growing faster than expected.Crude prices dropped after Iran said a deal on its nuclear program could be reached this week if the West lifts sanctions, a move that could boost the country's oil exports.The price of crude, a key Canadian export, has been under pressure due to excess supply ...
Dollar nudges 11-year high as euro gives up gains NEW YORK: The dollar edged up on Monday, with an index that tracks the greenback against major currencies touching an 11-year peak even after soft economic data.The euro, which is off nearly 10 percent in the last three months, had been up by as much as a third of a percent against the dollar on Monday but surrendered gains and last traded flat at $1.1192.The yen went through 120 against the dollar for the first ...

 



 
Index Closing Chg%
Arrow DJIA 18,096.90 0.58
Arrow Nasdaq 4,967.14 0.26
Arrow S&P 2,098.53 0.44
Arrow FTSE 6,919.24 0.44
Arrow DAX 11,390.38 0.98
Arrow CAC-40 4,917.35 0.99
Arrow Nikkei 18,703.60 0.59
Arrow H.Seng 24,465.38 0.96
Arrow Sensex 29,380.73 0.72







ICT 2014


Annual2013/14
Foreign Debt $61.805bn
Per Cap Income $1,386
GDP Growth 4.14%
Average CPI 8.6%
MonthlyDecember
Trade Balance $-1.703 bln
Exports $2.156 bln
Imports $3.859 bln
WeeklyFebruary 26, 2015
Reserves $15.944 bln