BUENOS AIRES: Argentina's closing soy prices and trends on Thursday:
* Soy prices closed at 1,815 pesos ($368) per tonne from Wednesday's 1,830 pesos, reflecting losses in the benchmark Chicago futures market, traders said. Trade volume remained thin due to the low prices and dwindling old-crop supplies.
* US soybean prices fell for the third consecutive trading session, extending losses after China -- the world's biggest soy importer -- cancelled orders for US soy and on expectations for bumper crops in South America.
* Argentine soy planting progressed enough over the last week to catch up with the previous season's pace as floodwaters receded, Buenos Aires Grains Exchange said on Thursday.
* In Rosario, soy for delivery in May 2013, which is quoted in US dollars, did not trade for a second day.
* In the southern grains port of Bahia Blanca, the oilseed closed at 1,715 pesos per tonne.
Center>Copyright Reuters, 2013